Les Cyprès campsite is in St Gilles Croix de Vie
The campsite is in a peaceful, wooded setting, ideally located on the edge of the dune, with direct access to the beach.
Cycle paths from the campsite run along the coastline and offer superb views of the Atlantic ocean.
A gorgeous backdrop for a family holiday. Just let yourself go!
- Sandy beach just the other side of the dunes
- Seaside activities such as land sailing, sailing, surfing and kite-surfing can all be practised here. There are boats to hire too!
- Sailing school
- The fishing port and marina in the town centre of Saint Gilles Croix de Vie
- Boat trips
- Hire a boat (with or without permit), yacht or jet ski
- 18-hole golf course 10 km away.
- Cycle paths from the campsite
- The main beach and beach clubs at Saint Gilles
- Canoe trips (les-canoes-du-marais.com)
- Collecting shellfish
You can pick up shellfish at Croix de Vie or on the beaches at Boisvinet and Pell à Porteau. The rocky coast is home to plenty of shrimps and winkles
Further on, you can fish at Notre Dame de Monts and on Noirmoutier. There are always plenty of fishermen on the causeway at low tide.
- Sea Fishing:
From Saint Gilles Croix de Vie: Fishing for all. Equipment supplied. 5-hour trip:
www.mephisto4.com www.amidupecheur.fr (prepare your fish on boats and then take it home to eat. Night fishing a specialty!)
- Freshwater fishing on the banks of Lake Jaunay:
The lac du Jaunay is well-known in local fishing circles.
You can catch pike, zander, perch, carp and tench. There are two night fishing trails for carp fishermen. Don’t forget fish love hiding in grasses!
Fishing licence for sale at reception or online